- modern; being in the vanguard in style
- A British subculture and style of dress of the 1960s, typified by stylish dress, riding motor scooters, and a liking for soul music
- An ancient term for a shoppe/person dispensing herbal remedies
- In J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series, the wizarding shops in which one buys ingredients for potion-making
- A precursor to the modern science of chemistry + pharmacology
Mod Apothecary is a lifestyle brand that started with a love affair with the smell of fresh lavender fields in Provence, an obsession with essential oils, the intrigue and study of ancient beauty rituals, and the mystique of old world shoppes dispensing herbal remedies and healing aromatic concoctions. Pair this with the fact that we are absolute scent and product junkies, our mission was to ditch the synthetics and create a pure and simple line of artisan aromatherapy + natural beauty products and perfumes/colognes for men and women. Inspired by ancient beauty secrets before modern science existed, our belief is that beauty is sacred and that simple, pure ingredients and aromas derived from nature feed our skin + soul. That perfume should be made entirely of intoxicating, pure botanical ingredients. That simple, daily beauty + aromatherapy rituals should be declared self love rituals that make you feel radiant and harmoniously balanced. That you can be Mod with an ancient twist.